Where are Lessons Offered
In Teacher Studio
In Student Home
I am a teacher dedicated to developing a love for music in people of all ages. I take a holistic and comprehensive approach in my teaching: alongside developing technical skills, I work to develop listening skills and an understanding of music theory and history. And I always strive to make sure my students are enjoying their study of piano, in addition to being challenged!
My licenciature and piano pedagogy degree have well equipped me for teaching. I have taught at The Hartt School (University of Hartford), and Escola Domestica in Natal, Brazil. I have also been a guest teacher at several universities in Brazil and The Hotchkiss School in Connecticut. Currently, I teach at Farmington Valley Academy Montessori in Avon, and in my private studio in Bloomfield.
Additionally, I am an active performer and frequently invited to lecture on music.
My Musical Education Background
• Master of Music in Piano Performance with Pedagogy Emphasis, The Hartt School (University of Hartford)
• Bachelor of Music, Federal University of Paraíba, Brazil
• Licenciature, Catholic University of Brasília, Brazil
• Master Class del Maestro Paul Badura-Skoda, Villa Medici Giulini, Italy
• Semana Internacional de Piano de Óbidos, Portugal
• Interpretació I Pedagogia de Piano, Conservatori de Música del Liceu, Spain
• Amalfi Coast Music and Arts Festival, Italy
• Master Classe de Piano, Conservatório Brasileiro de Música, Centro Universitário, Brazil
• Curso de Extensão Universitária ‘Pedagogia do Piano’, Conservatório Brasileiro de Música, Brazil
• Master Classe de Piano, “I Festival Internacional de Música de Câmera da EMUFRN”, Brazil
• Master Classe de Piano, MIMO- Mostra Internacional de Música em Olinda, Brazil
• Royal College of Music, London
• 28th Curso Internacional de Verão, CEP-BEM: Centro de Educação Profissional/ Escola de Música de Brasília, Brazil
• IV Festival de Música nas Montanhas, Poços de Caldas, Brazil
• I Seminário de Performance em Piano, Universidade Federal da Paraíba, Brazil
• Diplôme D'Études en Langue Française (DELF), République Française, Ministère de L'Éducation Nationale, 2000
• Alliance Française du Brésil, Certificat D'Etudes du Degré, cours du 10 ème Degré
Genres and Subjects Taught
Private piano lessons take place in a comfortable home studio on a 7-foot Baldwin grand piano. There is a comfortable area for parents to wait, and they are also invited to observe the lessons.
If you would like I also teach from your home!
First lesson free! Please contact me for rates and times.
Ages / Skill Levels Taught
Age 4 to adults. All levels, from beginning through advanced.
My Certifications and Awards
• 2013 Recording Grant, The Sorel Organization
• Evelyn Bonar Storrs Scholarship, Musical Club of Hartford
• Talent Scholarship Award, The Hartt School, University of Hartford
• Scholarship Award, Amalfi Coast Music and Arts Festival
• Mérito Estudantil Professor Joel Dantas award, (for first place in the Vestibular, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte)
West Hartford, CT
Grace is an excellent piano teacher. I studied with her for a year and a half. Having been a piano player my whole life, I ended up with wrist injuries that prevented me from furthering my study. Grace patiently helped me to begin playing again. The theory and history of each piece was important to her, and therefore became important to me. She is an excellent concert pianist and I recommend her for private piano lessons.