Where are Lessons Offered
In Teacher Studio
I HAVE OVER TWELVE YEARS EXPERIENCE TEACHING STUDENTS PRIVATELY AND IN UNDERGRADUATE MUSIC HISTORY COURSES. I EARNED MY MASTER'S DEGREE IN HISTORICAL MUSICOLOGY IN 2012. IN 2009, I GRADUATED FROM INDIANA UNIVERSITY WITH A BACHELOR'S DEGREE IN VIOLIN PERFORMANCE. DURING THAT TIME, I WAS CONCERTMASTER OF THE INDIANA UNIVERSITY SOUTH BEND PHILHARMONIC AND PARTICIPATED IN SEVERAL CHAMBER AND NEW MUSIC ENSEMBLES. I ALSO HAVE SEVERAL ENTRIES IN THE SECOND EDITION OF THE NEW GROVE DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN MUSIC.
My Musical Education Background
- 2012, Northern Illinois University: Master’s of Music in Musicology, graduated with highest distinction.
- 2009, Indiana University South Bend: Bachelor’s of Music in Violin Performance, graduated with high distinction.
Genres and Subjects Taught
Classical, Music Theory, Music History, Basic Composition
$25.00 per 30 minutes
Ages / Skill Levels Taught
Ages 8 and up!
My Certifications and Awards
- Full tuition waiver and prestigious graduate teaching assistantship position, Northern Illinois University, 2010 - 2012
- Music performance scholarships, Indiana University, 2005 - 2009
- Honors program scholarships, Indiana University, 2005 - 2009
- Several academic merit grants, Indiana University, 2005 - 2009
- Youth Orchestra of the Year Awards, Midwest Young Artists Symphony Orchestra, 2001 - 2005
- Talent Scholarship, Northern Illinois University Community School of the Arts, 1998
My Musical Influences
Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, Shostakovich, Sibelius and too many others to list!
There are no reviews yet for this teacher. Be the first to review Amanda Mais - Arco Violin Studio