Where are Lessons Offered
In Teacher Studio
In Student Home
Mrs. April Hamilton is a highly skilled pianist, positive and enthusiastic instructor, and creative composer. April is originally from Hobbs, New Mexico and she has been joyfully teaching piano for three years. She specializes in private piano lessons, and teaches beginning through late intermediate levels.
Mrs. April gave private piano lessons in Portales, New Mexico from September 2008 through March 2010, and taught at Little School of Music in Santa Clarita, California in May of 2010 through October of 2010. She now lives in Denton, Texas, and instructs at her piano studio.
My Musical Education Background
April has received:
*Associate of Arts from New Mexico Junior College
*Bachelor of Music in piano performance with a
minor in music composition.
She has fifteen years of experience in piano and has participated in numerous piano, vocal, and composition recitals, and has received piano, choral, and academic scholarships throughout her entire college career. She has also received awards of excellence for her academics and musicianship.
Genres and Subjects Taught
Mrs. April's Teaching Style:
April believes that piano lessons should be full of learning and enjoyment. Each lesson will follow a normal routine which may consist of the following learning materials, based on each individual students' needs:
1. Technique book (example: Hanon, Scale Book, etc)
* Purpose: To develop strong fingers and knuckle support, which will enable the student to play a greater variety of pieces with greater ease and ability
2. Lesson Book (example: Faber Piano Adventures Level 1)
* Purpose: To teach one concept at a time, building on each other, so the student may become a fully-developed pianist.
3. Theory Book (example: Faber Piano Adventure Theory Level 1)
* Purpose: To give the student an understanding of musical terms and how music is built and put together.
4. Supplemental Books (example: any extra books such as classical repertoire, ragtime, performance books, etc)
* Purpose: To give the student the chance to play a variety of pieces at the piano.
SPECIAL OFFER: One free visit to see the studio, meet the instructor, and receive a FREE piano lesson! Contact me to schedule a time you can visit.
$20 per each 30 minute lesson.
$30 per each 45 minute lesson.
$40 per each 60 minute lesson.
Ages / Skill Levels Taught
Piano lessons are available for..
* Age 5 and up
* Beginning through intermediate levels
My Certifications and Awards
2010 In Good Standing with Music Teachers National Association
There are no reviews yet for this teacher. Be the first to review April Hamilton